First Hand Holding
is here to help.

Get professional guidance and assistance for free. Financial consultation and value added services for everyone.

File business tax return from Rs.1,799/-
ITR-2 form filing - Income Tax Return

An ITR-2 Form is a significant form of Income Tax Return that both Indian residents and Non Residents use to file their Tax Returns with India's Income Tax Department. The ITR-2 Form can be used by individuals who are not qualified to use ITR-1.

Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families who have their income for the Financial Year through salary or pension, more than House Property, Income from Capital Gains, Income from Foreign Assets / Income, Income from Business or Profession as Partner (not Proprietor) and other sources including lottery, racehorses, legal gambling are qualified to submit their IT Return using ITR-2. Individuals who are not eligible to file using ITR-1, also have to file using ITR-2 due to their income of more than 50 Lakhs.

Filing Income Tax Return ITR-2 Form

The form ITR-2 can be submitted using three methods:

  • Step 1: Filing ITR-2 form using a digital signature certificate.
  • Step 2: Transmitting the data in ITR-2 form electronically under the electronic verification code.
  • Step 3: By transmitting the data in ITR-2 form electronically and then mailing (By post) the return in Return Form ITR-V to the Income Tax Office.

In the third method, Assessee filing ITR-2 form must complete the ITR-V acknowledgment.The assessee should print two copies of Form ITR-V after preparing ITR-V. One copy of ITR-V, duly signed by the assessee, should be sent by ordinary post to Post Bag No. 1, Electronic City Office, Bengaluru–560100 (Karnataka).

Pay as your grow


All-inclusive charges

₹1,799/ Year

Deposit of Income-tax return for individuals with DIN shares or private limited company shares.


All-inclusive charges

₹2599/ Year

Deposit of income tax returns for people with capital gains.


All-inclusive charges

₹4399/ year

Receiving income tax returns for individuals with foreign assets or foreign income.

FAQs on ITR-2 Form Filing
Who can use ITR-2 form?
ITR-2 must be submitted by individuals and HUFs not eligible to submit ITR-1 Sahaj for the following reasons:
  • Income exceeding Rs. 50 Lakhs
  • Having foreign assets/income
  • Having an agricultural income is more than Rs. 5,000.
  • Having taxable capital gains.
  • Having income from business or profession as a partner.
  • Having more than one house property.
Who should not file ITR-2 form?
Any individual who has income from a proprietorship under the head of Business or Profession should not file an ITR-2 form. Also, a company or LLP or other types of legal entity can not submit an ITR-2 form.
When should ITR-2 be filed?
The ITR-2 form shall be used if the assessee's income falls within the category below:
  • Accrued income through the sale of assets or property (Capital Gains).
  • Income from more than one housing property.
  • Income from countries outside of India.
  • Income as a partner in any firm (not proprietorship).
  • Income from agriculture above Rs 5,000.
  • Income from any windfall such as lotteries or horse racing.
  • Income from Salary/Pension, Housing Property, Other sources that exceed Rs. 50 Lakhs.
What is the due date for filing ITR-2 form?
Individuals and HUFs must submit an ITR-2 form on or before July 31 of each year.
I am a non-resident. The Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is not allotted in my jurisdiction of residence. How do I report the same in the column on “residential status”?
In case TIN has not been allotted in the jurisdiction of residence, the passport number should be mentioned instead of TIN. Name of the country in which the passport was issued should be mentioned in the column “jurisdiction of residence”.
I am a director in a foreign company which does not have PAN. How do I report the same against the column “Whether you were Director in a company at any time during the previous year?”
You should choose “foreign company” in the drop-down provided for “type of company”. In such case, PAN is not mandatory. However, PAN should be mentioned, if such foreign company has been allotted a PAN.
I have held equity shares of a company which were previously listed in a recognised stock exchange, but delisted subsequently, and became unlisted. How do I report PAN of company in the column “whether you have held unlisted equity shares at any time during the previous year”?
In such cases, PAN of the company may be furnished if it is available. In case PAN of delisted company cannot be obtained, you may enter a default value in place of PAN, as “NNNNN0000N”.
In case unlisted equity shares are acquired or transferred by way of * gift, * will, * amalgamation, * merger, * demerger, or * bonus issue etc., how to report the “cost of acquisition” and “sale consideration” in the relevant column?
You may enter zero or the appropriate value against “cost of acquisition” or “sale consideration” in such cases. Please note that the details of unlisted equity shares held during the year are required only for the purpose of reporting. The quantitative details entered in this column are not relevant for the purpose of computation of total income or tax liability.
Please clarify whether holding of equity shares of a Co-operative Bank or Credit Societies, which are unlisted, are required to be reported?
The details of equity shareholding in any entity which is registered under the Companies Act, and is not listed on any recognised stock exchange, is only required to be reported.
I have sold land and building to a non-resident. Whether I need to report the PAN of buyer in the table A1/B1 in Schedule CG?
As mentioned in ITR form, quoting of PAN of buyer is mandatory only if tax is deducted under section 194-IA or is mentioned in the documents.
I am resident and have sold land and building situated outside India. Whether I need to report the details of property and identity of buyer in Schedule CG?
The details of property and name of buyer should invariably be mentioned. However, quoting of PAN of buyer is mandatory only if tax is deducted under section 194-IA or is mentioned in the documents.
Whether it is mandatory to provide ISIN details and scrip-wise computation of Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG) arising on sale of Shares/Mutual Funds units on which STT has been paid?
The tools for computation of LTCG under sections 112A and 115AD have been provided in the departmental utility for the convenience of taxpayers. These are optional tools designed for computation of the final figures of LTCG, which is then populated in the respective items in Schedule CG. Alternatively, the taxpayers can themselves compute the aggregate long term gain or loss manually, and input the same directly in the respective items in Schedule CG.
An unlisted company is required to furnish details of assets and liabilities in the Schedule AL-1 of ITR-6? Please clarify whether details of assets held as stock-in-trade of business are also required to be reported therein.
In case jewellery/motor vehicle etc. is held as stock-in-trade of business, the drop-down value “stock-in-trade” should be selected against the field “purpose for which used”, while filling up details in the relevant table (table “I‟ or table “H‟). In such cases, only the aggregate values are required to be filled up, and the particular details of each asset held as stock-in-trade is not required to be reported.
Please clarify whether a farmer producer company as defined in section 581A of Companies Act, 1956 is required to furnish details of shareholding in the Schedule SH-1 of ITR-6?
No. However, please ensure to tick the option „Yes‟ against the item “whether the company is a producer company as defined in section 581A of Companies Act, 1956?” in Part-A General.
In schedule TDS, one is required to enter the head under which corresponding receipt has been offered. In some cases, TDS is deducted by the payer in current year, but corresponding income is to be offered in future years. How to fill up Schedule TDS in such cases?
In such cases, no TDS credit should be claimed under the column “in own hands” for the current year. If this is done, the column “Corresponding receipt offered” is greyed-off and is not required to be filled up.